Hmm. About me. What can I tell you? Maybe a list is in order.
- I’m a 50-something native Texan, who has worn the shoes of an Iowan and Floridian.
- I’ve been married for 37 years, and counting. If you think I take that lightly, you’re dead wrong.
- I’m a mom of two smart and lovely grown women, one of whom is married to my favorite son-in-law, and is mother to my three favorite children in all the world. They call me Mimmie, which rhymes with Kimmie.
- I spent all of my adult life as a stay-at-home wife and mother, and entered the full-time work force as a grandmother, when my husband and I opened our own insurance agency. I work from home and wear makeup a lot less than I probably should.
- I’ve loved Jesus a very long time. I try to always act like it, but I’m not always successful. I’m working on it, and find myself thankful, every single day, for His saving grace and redemption.
- I’m a noticer. I’m not sure that’s a real word, but it basically means I try to keep my eyes open to the wonder in every day things. If you happen to peruse the things I’ve written here over the years, that’s pretty much what you’ll read.
- I love travel. LOVE. I work to live, of course, but more, I work to TRAVEL.
- I met my best friend, Mary Snyder, on the internet. True story. Turns out she loves to travel, too, along with history, America, laughing, and Jesus. We turned our random chats on these topics (and more!) into the Not-So-Official Podcast, so you can follow along! Find us on Facebook, iTunes, Stitcher, or listen right here on the blog.
Thanks for dropping by, and I hope you’ll come back often. After all, in a life that can be filled with grueling uphill climbs or shocking potholes, it’s nice to have traveling companions on the road “home.”