Back in 2012, we took a two-week adventure down Route 66. A podcast called Retro Road would not be complete without a discussion on America’s “Mother Road,” so, today, we give an overview of this iconic and historic road through our own memories of one of our favorite adventures of all time!
You can listen here, or subscribe on iTunes, where we’d love to have your review! You can also listen on Stitcher and give us a rating, if you’d like. And, of course, you can listen right here on the blog.
Are you on Facebook? Well, you can find us there, too! Give us a like and follow along at the Retro Road Podcast page!
- Read about the history of the route (including the Dust Bowl era, tourist surge, and decommissioning of the road) from Wikipedia, here.
- What about those “certified bathrooms?” Read more here, from Michael Witzel’s book, Route 66 Remembered.
- Check out Michael Wallis’s terrific book: Route 66: The Mother Road
- For a comprehensive list of roadside attractions (including our favorites mentioned today), check out this page from TheRoute-66.com.
- Take a look at our favorite hotels from our trip:
Take a look through our photo album!
Until next time…Happy Wanderings!