You know, lately things around the ol’ blog have been pretty heavy! Sometimes, that’s just life, isn’t it? Well, I think it’s time to lighten things up a bit!
Today’s post is my 300th! Around my 200th post, I did a Favorite Things Giveaway, and LOVED IT! I’ve decided to do it again; this time, with a Christmas twist. Here’s how it will work:
- Leave a comment telling me your top five favorite Christmasy things (candle scent, food that only comes out this time of year, music, etc.)
- On Friday, the 13th, I will post a list of my own Christmas favorites, and announce the randomly drawn winner.
- The winner will receive a box containing some of their favorites AND mine the next week!
So, play along, won’t you? I figure the stores are already all celebrating Christmas, and really, what’s not to celebrate?? LET’S JOIN ‘EM!!
Well, my favorite candle scent is bayberry. I love cranberry sauce–homemade or the kind shaped like the can it was in. I also love Christmas cookies and pies. I like cantata type Christmas music. I know I'm going to say a no no but sometimes I get tired of hearing Christmas shoes for the umpteenth time during Christmastime. I like to just hear good praise music to our God and King. I love to read a book during Christmas…like Jane Austen or Karen Kingsbury or Janette Oake. I absolutely LOVE watching the old Christmas movies like Holiday Inn, White Christmas, Miracle on 34th Street, etc.
Well, I think that's my five.
– peppermint scented candles
– B.B. IceCream Chocolate Covered Cherries
– Chocolate Covered Cherries
– White Christmas & A Christmas Story(movies)
– peppermint hot chocolate
(I am cracking up b/c 3 out of my 5 are things you eat or drink!)
The great thing about my list is you can have all of these things going at the same time – lol!
1. My family around the tree, reading the Christmas story.
2. Cranberry Chutney Yankee Candle
3. Divinity (made by someone else!)
4. Daily trek to mailbox for Christmas Cards
5. Music and environment at our church's Christmas Eve service
Belssings on you this day, friend. Praying for all the details to fall into place for you!
I almost feel quilty for playing along since I won your last giveaway but I think this is fun and you can't even imagine how much I have LOVED my Bible you sent me. I think of you every time I open it, which is every single day.
I love Christmas. I love to decorate for Christmas.
My Fav Christmas things:
1. A live wreath from QVC for Valerie. This wreath last way past Christmas and smells so good. It brings me great joy.
2. Candles. Yankee candles are my favorite but I like Febreeze holiday candles to.
3. Movies. We enjoy watching Christmas movies. We start early.
4. Christmas music..all my cds are in storage but I love to listen to the Carpenters Christmas cd. 🙂
5. Snowmen. I think they are so cute and I enjoy decorating with them.
6. My Jim Shore ornament that Ga.Jan sent me last year.
7. I love to bake at this time of year. Making cookies etc…and Gooseberry Patch Christmas cookbooks are a fav of mine.
I could go on and on but I will stop here. 🙂
Congrats on 300 posts! And what a fun way to celebrate. My Christmasy favorites:
1. Beautiful red Christmas poinsettias
2. Our Christmas tree and ornaments
3. Christmas movies
4. Christmas music
5. And fudge, of course 🙂
I love the stockings my mommy made us, advent calanders, nativities, candy canes, christmas trees, lights, visiting santa, THE Christmas story, Christmas movies, Christmas music, cinnamon and pine in the air, cookies, family, goodwill, Christmas morning with my girlies and my Grandma's cranberry dessert – YUM-OH!
Too fun, Melinda! I’m already listening to my Christmas music. One year the season was too rushed for me and so now I try to start earlier getting myself in the spirit of Christmas. My daughter’s birthday is in December, so that adds to the festivities.
1. Christmas Music. Specifically, Travis Cottrell’s Ring the Bells and Point of Grace’s Christmas CD.
2. The Christmas Tree lit up with music playing while we’re baking Jesus’ birthday cake together.
3. White Christmas.
4. Sugar Cookie and pumpkin scented candles.
5. Pumpkin pie, apple pie, pecan pie and this cranberry & apple crumble I make. It’s delicious!
My favorite things
1. i love snowmen. so cute
2. fudge mmm peanut butter is my favorite.
3. fiction books about christmas I love books that happen at christmas
4. hazel nut scented candles.
5. cocoa I love love love cocoa
1. Cheerful, giving spirit in the air
2. any kind of candle giving a warm glow
3. my mom's spiced cider
4. being with family at church Christmas Eve, seems like the time the hustle and bustle officially stops
5. my grandmother's Charlotte Russe dessert
p.s.- love your blog! I'm a crisis pregnancy center director!
hmmm I would like a gift, so I am going to play along… Five things around christmas…
1. Chai Tea
2. Black market candles(find the refills:))
3. White Christmas movie
4. a really good book
5. and just to throw it in.. francesca's which is good all year round:)
Neat give away!
1. Christmas cards that come in the mail with a handwritten note.
2. New recipe to try for the holidays.
3. Food, hmm….how bout the Peppermint Creamer for the coffee, I'm not much into cream for my coffee, but last year I really enjoyed this creamer, even in my hot cocoa.
4. What I want for Christmas, by Big Tent Revival. I never heard this song until last year, wow, what an awesome song!
5. Getting together with friends, with no agneda or gifts, simply getting together. I love that!
Congratulations on your 300th post.
My favorite Christmas Things:
A Red Poinsetta
Peanut Butter Fudge
Watching A Christmas Carol (esp the original)
Watching It's A Wonderful Life
I love many things about Christmas! Some of my favorites are:
1. Grandma's noodles, which I'll get to enjoy this Christmas!
2. Baking Christmas cookies and fudge!
3. Watching Christmas movies with family!
4. Putting up the Christmas tree with my husband and reminiscing over the memories the ornaments hold!
5. Listening to Christmas music!
Leave a comment telling me your top five favorite Christmasy things (candle scent, food that only comes out this time of year, music, etc.)
I love Christmas time but I seem to have become a bah humbug when it comes to decorating and such. Booo
So, let me take my bah humbug hat off and think… What are five of my favorite Christmas things?
1. Egg Nog LATTES!! YUMMY
2. Starbucks red cups 🙂
3. Cinnamon scented candles (intensified during the holidays)
4. Christmas trees
5. Christmas songs
(Wow, I could've kept going on this one.)
I hope you're having a good week~
Oh and CONGRATS on the 300th post!
Melinda: Congratulations to you on your 300th post – what a milestone! (Pun intended since your blog is about traveling the road home…)
Anyway, I love candles ALL year round – but I especially love the Spiced Pumpkin ones from Yankee during the holidays.
I love Christmas music too. Travis Cottrell, Josh Groban are some of my favorites that I own. I think even Chris Tomlin has a new Christmas CD out, but I don't have his.
I love coffee year round – but some of the special flavored coffees make it fun at Christmas – Starbucks, Barnies, anywhere!
I love to get a new journal or devotional book for the coming new year. Anticipating all God has in store! (I hope to be more disciplined with journaling in 2010!)
Lastly, I love ornaments that have a gardening theme. I have some that are watering cans and some that are birds! They remind me that I can thank God for the promise of Springtime!
I love spending time with my family. Now I know that won't fit in a box – which makes it even more priceless.
You are precious! Can't wait to hear your favorites!!!
Congratulations on 300 post prolific girl you 🙂
Favorite things this season brings, is logs burning in the fireplace, sweet potatoe casserole, layered dressing including lots of sweaters, big fluffy socks and when we lived further north, snow cream.
Fall and Winter – my favorite seasons!
(((hugs))) and much love sweet friend,
I love to her The Little Drummer Boy. I also love Nativity scenes, opening Advent calendars with my children, Christmas lights and decorating gingerbread houses.
Can't wait to read your list!
This is a difficult one for me because Christmas is not one of my favorite holidays to be honest. I hate the commercialism and it is just so out of hand. I do love the true meaning of Christmas, Jesus' birth.
So, here goes:
1. Memories of being a little girl and being SOOOO excited about Christmas morning.
2. Travis Cottrell's "Ring the Bells" CD
3. Pulling out all the Christmas ornaments that I have collected over the years and visiting with each one. Yeah, I know that sounds corny, but it is what I do.
4. Candles, candles, candles
5. Poinsettias – in all colors
Congratulations on your 300th!!
1. Live Christmas trees
2.The feel in the air at Christmas time
3. Live wreaths
5. Third Day Christmas Concert video
6. Receiving Christmas cards
#1 Hard Candy Christmas by Dolly Parton
#2 Egg Nog
#3 Sweet Potato Pie
#4 Getting Christmas cards
#5 The color red– it's my favorite & it's everywhere!!
What a great idea for a giveaway! I've loved reading the comments!!
This is such a fun giveaway. It's early, but I'm already starting to feel the Christmas excitement settling in. : ) I'm not sure if I can narrow down everything I love about Christmas, but here are five of the many I love:
1. Christmas Music: I love to turn the tree lights on, snuggle on the couch, and listen to Bing Crosby, Perry Como, or Nat King Cole.
2. Hallmark Hall of Fame Christmas special on TV. Actually any and all the Christmas specials on TV.
3. My Dad's homemade candy: almond roca, almond bark covered pretzels, fudge, etc. (and I wonder why I always gain five pounds?)
4. I know not everyone is a fan, but I LOVE the Christmas Story movie. I can quote it almost word for word after all these years. Ralphy is a symbol of the season for me. : )
5. Nativity Scenes- all shapes and sizes, even the Fisher Price Little People one. : )
Man, now I'm really excited!
1. peppermint frappucino Starbucks
2. christmas dishes
3. christmas music
4. hallmark ornaments
5. christmas cards in the mailbox with pictures of friends!
I'll be working on my tree in the next couple of weeks. I have to get it done before Thanksgiving or else I'm toast. Congrats on 300 posts.
This is SO sweet of you! I feel myself getting in the Christmas spirit already!
OK – five favorites:
Peppermint Hot Chocolate and Caramel Apple Cider from Starbuks
A new book that takes place at Christmas time
Edy's Peppermint Ice Cream
Baking chocolate-peppermint bark, cranberry pie, shortbread cookies and a yummy dessert for Christmas dinner
Spending time with my kids during the holidays – my college kids are home and I love hanging out with them shopping, decorating the house, baking and visiting family
Looking forward to your list!
And congrats on your 300th post – love reading your pearls of wisdom!!
Melinda you need to update the pic with your new do! =) Hope you are doing well!
1. Love Christmas music that is more praise and worship. Jingle bells and all of that gets on my nerves sorry–The older Avalon Christmas cd is one of my faves. It is so scratched up!
2. Egg nog–barbers…I think it is an Alabama brand.
3. Sugar Cookies!
4. Jesus the One and Only Workbook!
5. Chris Tomlins new cd Glory in the Highest ROCKS!!!!
Wish I could have hung out more in Memphis but I was having a major off weekend. I really didn't feel well at all. Not my usual!
Thank you for this! How fun!
My top 5 favorite things of Christmas time:
1) Christmas Eve Service and singing the Christmas songs. Never realized til I became a Christian that those songs are Praise songs also!!
2)Getting together with family for food and presents and fellowship
3) favorite candle: Anything Yankee or Gold Canyon in the seasonal scents! ( there's a green one from Yankee that smells so good, I can't think of the name!..sorry)
4) Picking out the Christmas tree.
5) Waking up Christmas morning. No matter how old my boys get, and they sleep in more on Christmas morning, I'm like the little girl, waiting for all to wake up to see the their faces!
I never comment, but I love your blog! Thank you again for something fun!
Oh I hope you can come on the cruise. The coupon we are offering is $100 per cabin … so $50 per person if you have 2 in your room.
Let me know if you can come. I want to gather together every one who books under the Proverbs 31 code and do a special something.
So, keep me posted.
Congratulations on the 300th post! The giveaway is a great way to celebrate.
I have so many wonderful Christmas memories! We watched "White Christmas" together as a family some time during the season. Often it was on in the background as we decorated the tree. It's still one of my all time favorite movies.
Each year Mom and Dad gave us a new tree ornament reflecting something special that had happened that year, some activity we'd participated in, or some location we'd visited. Thankfully, we began early on recording the year each was given and the event that inspired each ornament. Imagine what a collection I had on my very first tree after I left home. Such treasures!
From the time I can remember, our Christmas Eve tradition began when we received our new "Christmas pajamas." My sister and I looked forward to wearing them for the first time as we sat together as a family and read the Biblical account of Christ's birth from Luke 2 by candlelight. Before bed, we'd sample Mom's fabulous peanut butter fudge (sweet mercy, it is GOOD) with a glass of milk.
Christmas morning always had a backdrop of carols and music, usually from one of the Firestone Christmas albums. (Anyone remember those? What I wouldn't give to have those on CD!) I adore Christmas music!
Our stockings always contained a "book" of Lifesavers. Funny the small things one remembers! Thanks for this walk down Christmas memory lane!
So many favorites!!
Five of them are definately:
1. Red Velvet Cake, cupcakes
2. Ham biscuits on Christmas morning
3. O Little Town of Bethlehem
4. new Christmas Eve pajamas
5. Nativity scenes
Gosh, I thought of 100 things. Thanks for making me thing on happy things today 😉 Jill